Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A truly scrumptious noon

I don't usually write about food but my meal this afternoon was good enough to change that.

I believe that being vegetarian in Singapore is harder than being vegetarian anywhere else. Not because there aren't enough options for vegetarians (far from it) but rather because there are too many alternatives.  In fact, Singapore is the foodie capital of the world with a mind boggling array of food choices for any palate.

This afternoon after a long and tiring meeting at the Central Business District I headed out to hunt for a quick bite. (technically, being vegetarian, I should say I headed out to 'gather' rather than 'hunt'). Deciding to try something new I eliminated all the joints I frequent whenever I near the CBD  at meal time.(in one fell stroke :p)  

Today I was rewarded (for my effort and patience) with a delightful meal that was quick, delicious, economical and refreshingly healthy.

I proudly present to you Vegan Berg: http://www.veganburg.com/

I had a Grilled Satay Burger with Seaweed fries and the spinach and potato balls and a apple & passion fruit cooler. (It was simply gorgeous what more can I say... I am writing this blog post aren't I)

After the meal, completely obscenely stuffed I decided I couldn't eat another savoury bite and began to look for desserts (sheepish grin)

The CBD of Singapore, being the centre of the foodie capital of the world, as I was saying in this self same post a few paras ago, didn't disappoint by delivering a second gastronomical gem in the same afternoon.

http://latteemiele.com.sg/

Latte E Emiele is a Gelato place truly run by Artisans of the Gelato making craft. I had the Orange blossom and Honey flavoured Gelato in waffle cone and it was sooooo good that it made my knees weak. I tried a bunch of the other flavours and would recommend any one of them without reservations.

Since I have no idea how one gracefully ends a blog post so obviously about gluttony 'bye!'  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment